Traditional Spanish recipes from the province of Malaga in the region of Andalucia.
Its local name is “Ajoblanco” which means “White Garlic” in Spanish
- 1 kg Malaga grapes
- 500 gr breadcrumbs
- 220 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 115 ml grape vinegar (half cup)
- 100 gr almonds peeled
- 3 gloves garlic
- Submerge the breadcrumbs in water until they are soaked, then squeeze the water out.
- Meanwhile, peel the almonds. Put everything into a mortar and mash it with the garlic cloves until fine.
- Then add the oil little by little, as if making mayonnaise, until it becomes a paste.
- Lighten it with water and vinegar until it is a creamy broth.
- Peel the grapes and remove the seeds.
- Add them to the broth and season with salt.
Ajoblanco is always served very cold. Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece. They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets. This Spanish recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes, Healthy recipes, or Vegetarian recipes group. Mediterranean recipes Traditional Spanish recipes White Garlic Gazpacho recipe - Ajoblanco– Spanish recipes AG000224_v00
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!