Traditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete.
Its local name is “Arní psitó mé ntomáta” which means baked lamb with tomato in Greek.
- 1 kg lamp
- 2 pieces lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pieces tomato
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cut the lamb into portions.
- Season with salt and pepper and place the pieces very close to each other in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon and oil or butter and cover with tomato slices.
- Roast in the oven and towards the end turn the heat up to ensure that the sauce thickens.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece. They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets. This Greek recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes group. Mediterranean recipes Traditional Greek recipes Baked lamb with tomato recipe – Traditional Greek recipes AG000225_v00
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!