Traditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete.
Its local name is “Agináres me kukiá” which means Artichokes with broad beans in Greek
- 1000 gr artichoke
- 1000 gr broad beans
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 1 bunch dill
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp grape vinegar
- salt to taste
- Place olive oil and two glasses of water in a pot and boil the green beans for 15 minutes.
- Then add the artichokes, garlic heads, the finely chopped dill and the salt.
- When the ingredients are almost done, place flour in a bowl and dissolve with a little water. During this process add vinegar little by little and do the same with some juice from the meal in the pot.
- When you get a thick paste in the bowl, add it to the pot, stir a little and let boil for a couple of minutes.
- Then turn the heat off.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece. They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets. This Greek recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes, Healthy recipes, or Vegetarian recipes group. Mediterranean recipes Traditional Greek recipes Artichokes with broad beans recipe – Traditional Greek recipes AG000227_v00
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!